Custom data is supplemental information that is fully custom to your organization that you can use to:
- add data for models (rules) logic
- add data to entities, instruments, devices and events
- add data from (external) 3rd parties
- add data for verification workflows
- add unsupported third-party verification data to entities
- filter alerts from My Alerts or the Admin tab
- Entity > User Risk Score = 55
- Transaction > Crypto Code = ETH
- Instrument > Additional Notes = "company laptop"
- Entity > Country Code = MX
Custom data is typically used to inject third party data or custom configuration from your organization into the Unit21 system.
Custom Data Configuration:
You can configure custom data in your dashboard in order to make it more user readable. For example, if a transaction had custom data that was called
customer_priority_rating, you could configure it to read "Rating" in your dashboard.
In the Dashboard:
In the example below, some entities have the custom data called
newcustom, we want to change this custom data name to
Custom so we can use the Custom Data Filters to find alerts with entities that have
- First, let's go ahead and use the Custom Data Filters to find alerts with
testing. From Alerts in the Dashboard:
- Click Add Custom Data Filter.
- Complete the prompt to search for
- View the filtered results:
- Go to Settings > Custom data:
- Add a new entry to Entity Custom Data Settings so that
newcustomis renamed to
- Repeat the search in item 1-4 using
newcustomin the search:
Now you should see the same results as the original search but the keyword
Custom is easier to read.